background

I got a JOB!!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Sorry for not blogging in awhile! A lot has happened in the past few weeks! Right now, I'm currently taking a little break from ATI remediations. ATI is a standardized test for nursing school that is supposed to get us ready to take the NCLEX test, which is the state boards to get your nursing license. Anyway, there's a different ATI for each section, fundamentals, pharmacology, pediatrics, OB, mental health, management, and a few others. Once we take the test at school, we have to come home and correct the ones we got wrong. So, that's what I'm working on right now!

Spring break was really fun! I got to go relax at my parent's house in Allen for most of the week. On Friday, I applied for jobs at Hillcrest hospital in Waco, and Scott & White hospital in Temple. We also went to eat lunch with my sister at the school she teaches at. Then Saturday, we went to Fredericksburg and went shopping and ate and stayed all night and Sunday we went to Gruene to eat lunch at the Gristmill, my favorite place in the world!

The Monday after Spring Break, I got a call from Scott & White Hospital wanting me to come interview for two positions....an LVN on a med/surg floor and in the ER. So, my interviews were the Friday of that week. I was nervous as all get out because those were my first real interviews ever! I ended up getting a job offer from both floors! So then, I had to make up my mind....I never in a million years would have thought I would have gotten job offers from my first two interviews ever, but I did! I ended up choosing the med/surg job and I'm so excited about it! Med/surg is an extremely busy floor and you get patients of all ages (the youngest would be 19, since patients younger than that would go to the pedi floor). The nurse manager I interviewed with said there's everything from spider bites, cardiac patients, post-op patients, mentally ill people, prisoners, tuberculosis, MRSA, bad infections, just some really sick patients. I'm excited about the variety and broadness of med/surg because it will solidify my nursing skills. The floor I will be working on is in the North Tower of Scott & White's main campus and it's a brand new building. Really, it's the nicest and prettiest hospital I've ever stepped foot in! Oh, I forgot to mention that Scott & White is one of the top 15 major teaching hospitals in the country! Among Scott & White are hospitals like Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, the Mayo Clinic, and Vanderbilt University Medical Center. To say the least, I'm very proud to be a part of one of the best! I start on May 24th!

This is the North Tower and it's the building my floor is in!


This is the lobby area of the North Tower. It's a very peaceful environment for a hospital...there's even a piano in one of the corners that plays by itself!


And this is most of the Scott & White campus....my new place of employment!



I'll blog more later! Gotta get back to my busy work and laundry! Happy Easter!

0 comments:

My Blog List