background

Almost time to say goodbye, Abilene :(

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Well, as of tomorrow, there is exactly 4 weeks until I graduate. And, as most people know, I will be moving to Waco the day after graduation to take a job at Scott & White hospital in Temple Texas. I've lived in Abilene for the last 4 years of my life and I've really grown to love it here. It's a big city with a small town feel. I'm making a list of all the things about Abilene that I will miss when I move:

1) My friends. They are the best.
2) Bonfires with my best friends.
3) Jumping on the trampoline at Becky's house.
4) Laying out on the trampoline at night looking at the stars - and scaring everyone by squealing every time I see a shooting star.
5) Being so scared after going to the Chimney's in the middle of the night at Fort Phantom Hill.
6) Getting lost somewhere between Tuscola and Buffalo Gap and driving around for hours trying to figure out where we were in the pitch black on old country roads.
7) The crosstown showdown football game between Abilene High and Cooper (even though I didn't go to either of those schools) - don't worry, I'm gonna be back for it this year and I promise I'll sit on the Cooper side.
8) Not the studying part of study group, but all the fun times that go along with study group and being on brain overload in the wee hours of the morning!
9) Texas country concerts at the Lucky Mule and two-stepping.
10) Watching fireworks on the side of the Loop by the airport on the Fourth of July.
11) My gym, and especially my workout partner.
12) Watching scary movies at Becky's and sleeping on her couch every time because I refuse to go home after they're are over.
13) The person who cuts my hair, Michelle. She is awesome, and I don't think I'll let anyone get close to my hair with a pair of scissors besides her.
14) The Eskimo Hut...haha!
15) Late night Bueno trips...or Whataburger.
16) The drive-in.
17) Walks around ACU and/or Cooper.
18) The West Texas fair and rodeo.
19) Just a tiny piece of me misses living in the dorms, but a big part of me misses my Tri Phi sisters!
20) I will miss how everyone in this town is so friendly and how everyone's accents are worse than mine! I won't ever forget that cute lil old man that struck up a conversation with me in the Wal-Mart checkout line.
21) The way that football runs this town...well pretty much every town in Texas.
22) Are those the banditos? Haha, only Becky, Ben, and Josh will get this one!

I won't be able to stay gone for long, that's for sure. I'll be back to visit very often!

0 comments:

My Blog List