background

Yay for not sounding like a man anymore!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm FINALLY done being sick and I have my voice back! Praise the Lord! P.S. Cherry Nyquil does NOT taste as good as it smells. Don't let it fool you.

This is a shout out to Erin's (Mrs. Musgrove's) 6th period class. Yes, my sister and I are actually 2 years apart...she was born in 1985 and I was 1987. I struggled my way through geometry in high school so be thankful that you have my awesome, sweet sister as your teacher because I promise it could be a LOT worse! Honestly, she's going to kill me for saying this, but when somebody thought it was a good idea to put more words in math than numbers, that's when they crossed the line!

Anyway, it snowed about 4 inches yesterday in abilene and today it's sunny and the snow is melted, thus proving my theory of Mother Nature's bi-polarity (Is that even a word? Guess I will find out when we get to our psych rotation in school). The only good thing about this crazy weather pattern is that we got yesterday and today off of school because the city doesn't think people who live in west Texas know how to drive in the snow....they are 100% correct. So, I'm getting lots of extra time to study for my GI (gastrointestinal) unit test that is tomorrow morning. It's going to cover the A&P of the GI system, all disease processes....definition, signs and symptoms, treatment, and nursing interventions for each. As well as medications (functional class, route of administration, therapeutic dosage, actions, side effects, adverse effects, and therapeutic effects). I'm very thankful for the extra time to study, though, because it's a lot of information to know. And it's not like I can just memorize it for the test and forget about it....would you want me to be your nurse if that's how I passed nursing school? Um, no! Like my teacher always says, "It's not like we're flipping hamburgers, people. We're dealing with living, breathing people. You can kill these patients. You HAVE to know what you are doing."- Mrs. Cook.

So, later today I'm going to my sweet friend Beth's house for study group. Then I will probably go workout with my "trainer", Josh. He's not really my trainer, he's my best friend's brother. But, he played football in high school and he kicks my butt! I'm doing crazy stuff like dips, pull ups, bench press, and a bunch of other things that I never thought I would ever do! I don't think he minds working out with me, though....he says I'm the happiest person he knows! That's one of the best compliments that I've ever gotten!

Have a great day, everyone, especially Erin's 6th period class!

Love,
Kelli :)

0 comments:

My Blog List