background

I am a blogger..

Sunday, February 21, 2010

My sweet, darling sister, Erin, made me make a blog. She says that I say funny things and people would smile if I blogged, so I hopped right on that band wagon (even though I'm convinced that what I say isn't funny at all).

Anyway, since this is my very first blog, I figure I better catch some people up on my life. I have lived in Abilene for the past 3 and a half years. I went to Hardin-Simmons University for two years, but I kept changing my major, and private schools get to be pretty expensive when you can't make up your mind. So, I transferred to Cisco college here in Abilene and now I'm going to be a nurse! I'm in my last semester of school (for now) and I graduate on May 14th! School is hard, time consuming, and stressful but I love every minute of it! I've gotten to see and work in so many different areas it's ridiculous.....from general surgery, to nursing homes, from the delivery room to the OR during a C-section, from the hectic trauma center to radiology...and everywhere in between! I have been SO blessed with the opportunities I've been given, the caring and knowledgeable professors I have, and my amazing classmates that have become like family to me! I have seen life coming into the world and life going out of this world and I thank God everyday that I'm happy and healthy, because some things can make you think twice about how precious life is.

When I graduate, I will be an LVN, and I am planning on going straight to RN school. After that, your guess is as good as mine as far as what the future holds! I will try my best to update this blog frequently with stuff going on in my life. One thing that has been on my mind today is this song by Lee Brice. "Love Like Crazy". It's a good song to turn up real loud in the car with the windows down on a Sunday afternoon. Here is the website if you want to listen to it!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt5LzrJZ34Q

"Be a best friend, tell the truth, & over use 'I love you'...go to work, do your best, & don't outsmart your common sense...Never let your prayin' knees get lazy, & Love like crazy." :)

0 comments:

My Blog List