background

Summer is nearly over!!!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Well, it has been a very long time since I've blogged, so here's the update! I'm officially "on my own" at work. I finished my 9 weeks of orientation with my preceptors at work and now they've set me loose! Of course, I still have tons of questions and the beauty of my job is that I'll never know everything! I have successfully started a few IV's. It may look easy, but what's even easier is sticking the needle all the way through the vein and blowing it! Starting IV's is a special art! I have also learned that over 50% of the patients we get on our floor should be psych patients. Oh the crazy things they do....! We have some "frequent flyers" and I swear, some patients just like staying there...it must be the awesome hospital food and comfy mattresses...yeah right! I've also lost a few patients...that's the hardest part when you have to watch someone die. But just as quickly as they go, I'll hear the little lullabye play over the intercom that they play when a baby is born. Just shows you how precious life is! Anyway, enough about work!

Life in Waco is okay....I'm 100% ready for fall! Everything good happens in the fall! Football, the leaves change, the temperature drops to a tolerable level, and it's my birthday! I'm not so much looking forward to this coming birthday because I'll be 23. I'm getting so old! I watched the Cowboys play (and beat) the Bengals last Sunday! I was cheering for the Cowboys the whole time, but I was secretly really happy when my man Jordan Shipley (receiver for the Bengals) got that long carry towards the end of the 4th quarter! Football is like another religion in Texas!

I should be cleaning my room right now..it's a mess! Erin reminds me of it every time she comes in! Half my problem is I have too many clothes and not enough hangers. So, today I went "into town" (haha) to Walmart to buy some hangers. BAD IDEA!!! Walmart is a CRAZY place to be at right before school starts! You can imagine...my gosh! Well, I better get back to cleaning my room before Erin and Graham get home! Haha.

0 comments:

My Blog List