background

Something New!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Today was my first day on my new schedule at work. I used to work the 2pm-10pm shift and now I'm working 6am-2pm. So, I'm home for the day!

I'm used to sleeping in until 10 or 11 in the morning, then staying awake until 2 or 3am, so I was very nervous this morning about not waking up on time. Well, I woke up in plenty of time. I woke up at 2:29am and I thought it was 5:29, so I thought I only had about five minutes before I had to be out the door! I threw on some scrubs, put a little bit of makeup on, ate two miniature bite size muffins, and grabbed a bottle of water to head out the door. Then I looked at the clock again and realized that I still had at least 2 hours to sleep. The sound of my heart pounding from my little adrenaline rush lulled me back to sleep :)
Today at work went fantastically. It is very weird being home for the day at this time. I'm planning on tidying up my apartment, doing a load of laundry, studying, and my favorite TV show Castle comes on tonight. The dinner menu tonight is chicken casserole! It's a different recipe than what my mom always cooked, but it's delicious! Here's the recipe:

Chicken Casserole

4 cups shredded cooked chicken (I boiled mine)
1 cup chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 small can Carnation evaporated milk
1 bag Pepperidge Farm cornbread stuffing mix
1 stick butter, melted

Combine shredded chicken, broth, soups, and evaporated milk. In a separate bowl, combine stuffing mix and melted butter, and mix it up with your hands. In a 9x13 casserole dish, pat half of the stuffing mix in the bottom. Then pour the chicken mixture on top. Top with the other half of the stuffing mix. Bake at 350ยบ for 30 minutes. It's delicious, and it would be good with leftover Thanksgiving turkey too!

0 comments:

My Blog List